Saturday, February 15, 2014

Time's a' Turnin'

My last blog was six...SIX months ago. And in that six months, a great many things have happened that made me think "Hey! I need to blog about this!" And not a single one made it to my blog. Until NOW!

BAM!

Hahaha...I hope I don't get verbally slapped for putting that picture so prominently on my blog. This blog is going to be about my church and the aMAzing gals that I work with. And maybe some cupcakes will work their way in here somewhere... 

These photos are pretty old, so some of my favorite ladies aren't featured...they missed out on this one. But I love this group of women so much! Here they are:


Hopefully the "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" tipped you off on our Dr. Seuss theme (if not...go get a copy of "The Cat in the Hat", PRONTO! For this particular church activity, we threw a Dr. Seuss party for our brand new girls (age 11 turning 12) with lots of fun stuff and some spiritual/churchy stuff. In my church (I'm a Mormon, aka LDS) we have something called "Young Women's" and the best thing I can compare it to is girl scouts. We have our own sunday school on sundays for all the girls ages 12-18 and we go to a girl's camp in June and do TONS of other fun things...as you can see. I love it because since I am one of the leaders over these girls, I get to eat yummy food, and get dressed up in floral pants with a black afro wig. Holla!


See...I told you there would be cupcakes. I LOVE watching people eat my cake! I think it's quickly becoming one of my new favorite pastimes (notice Madison's epic photo-bomb). And you know what??...i'm gettin' good! Now, my cakes don't just look pretty, they taste great! It's taken me a while to get those two in tandem.


These cupcakes had so much cream cheese frosting on them, the girl's were in a coma when they went home. I got the inspiration for these babies here

One more close-up:


Whoo! I feel so much better now that I got that off my chest. I think i'm out of practice because i'm reading through this and it seems a little random and sporadic. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment