Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Little Mav's Shower Cake...and BIG Mav!!

Back in December, I had the opportunity to make a cake for my sister, Jenn's, baby shower! They decided to name their upcoming little boy Maverick (which I love so much it kills me!). Since the shower was around Christmas, the theme was Winter Wonderland which made for an ADORable cake!

See??...

I just have to say that I LOVED using my new silicone pearl mold for this! It was perfect to glam the cake up for mommy, but still have a boy-themed cake. And I just called them snowballs for the spirit of things. 


As always, I learned a ton with this cake! For Instance: Make sure you have an extra long skewer to support your tree as WELL as your sign! I did a long skewer into the cake for the sign, but I didn't think ahead with the tree, so it ended up needing toothpicks behind to hold it up. :( Good thing my family lets me practice on them! 

Here is my gorgeous sister, Jenn. She's a petite little thing and her baby was a monster! He was measuring huge every time she had a checkup! This was one hard-working mommy.


This next picture is one of the best. My grandma and sister playing Guess the Dirty Diaper game. Have you heard of this!? It was awesome. You melt different chocolate candies into diapers and people have to guess which candy it is. I thought it was hilarious! I kept trying to get pictures of grandma sniffing the diaper, but none of them turned out! *Sigh* Woe is me.



This is Jenn with her friend, Marissa, who hosted the shower. I think Marissa must have taken weeks to recover after the party because she WAY outdid herself! It was incredible!


Yes...to the cake.


And here's the little (okay, big...over 9 pounds) bundle. I got to shoot newborn pics last night, which got me right in the mood for this post, today. 


 Isn't he a handsome boy!? Takes after his parents.






Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment