Thursday, June 13, 2013

Salted Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies

Okay, guys. I know how many thousands of people claim to have THE cookie recipe. And I know how amazing some of those cookies are because I've made them. But nothing..."I repeat...nothing gives a student the right to walk around the school at night." Oh, shoot...Prof. McGonagall just popped into my head mid-sentence. Back to business: ...nothing has ever beaten plain old homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies. At least, for Matt and I...it just doesn't get any better than Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Until Now:


Let me tell you a story:


Once, (2 days ago) we were going to have a swim party with my side of the family. My mom went to Wal-mart and saw these cookies. "Hmm, those look good," she thought. And so she bought them and brought them to the party. They were SO GOOD! Grocery store cookies are never good, unless they are from Costco. We all were so impressed with how amazing these cookies were! So...two days later, I still couldn't get those cookies off my mind. I went to the store this morning and there they were...calling to me. And I thought, "If those were SO GOOD, then the homemade version will probably put me into a coma." So today, I took that never-fail chocolate chip cookie recipe, tweaked it a bit and VOILA! Salted Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Guys...I may not be in a coma, but these cookies are no joke. I don't have step-by-steppers, because I was way too excited about making them to take pictures, but here is my recipe.

And some pictures of Char eating them with her cute new haircut.
























Salted Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 c. butter, room temp
1/2 c. butter flavored shortening
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla extract
2 - 2&1/2 c. flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
2 t. coarse kosher salt (plus more for sprinkling)
1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. butterscotch chips

1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Cream the fats and sugars in a mixer. Add eggs and vanilla.

2. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Gradually add to mixing bowl until incorporated. Do not overmix! Add your chips and mix just until they are evenly distributed.

3. Spoon dough onto greased, or parchment-lined cookie sheets about 1-inch apart. Sprinkle with coarse salt if desired.

4. Bake in preheated oven 10-13 mins until JUST starting to brown around the edges.

5. Let the cookies cool on the pan about 5 mins. Enjoy!

Yields 3 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment